|25-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY ON
MATTRESSES & FOUNDATIONS
The new 25-year warranty will be in effect 4.28.13 and after.
What is covered:
- Select Comfort ("Sleep Number") provides a limited warranty for your mattress
and/or base. The limited warranty provides protection from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 25 years from the original
purchase date. Warranty is limited to product repair or replacement only.
What we will do:
- Sleep Number, at its option, will repair or replace the warranted product or
component at a cost to the original purchaser based on the following table.
The "price" is the price of the warranted product or component at the time the
warranty claim is made, or the price of a comparable product or component if the
original product or component is no longer in production.
|Years after purchase date
||Original Purchaser's cost
|Up to 2 years
||20% plus 4% of price for each completed
year from original purchase date
||Equal to 19 years
- For example, if a warranty claim arises 12 years after the original purchase date,
the cost to the original purchaser would be 64% of the price (that is, 20% plus
4% for each of the 12 years) and Sleep Number would be responsible for the
remaining 36% of the price. If the mattress is replaced in years 20-25, the prorated replacement charge the
purchaser pays is the same as if the mattress was replaced in year 19.
- Sleep Number reserves the right to substitute products or components of equal
or better quality, and to use or deliver refurbished products or components in the
repair or replacement of any product under this Limited Warranty.
What is not covered:
- Conditions arising from normal wear and tear. (Conditions arising from normal
wear and tear include, but are not limited to: mattress cover compression, foam
compression, or discoloration of components.)
- Damage from tampering with any component or from opening the Firmness
- Damage from misuse or abuse of the warranted product or component.
- Damage from laundering or dry-cleaning.
- Acts of nature, such as but not limited to lightning damage.
What you must do:
- Return the warranted product or component in sanitary condition to an authorized
Sleep Number® service center. Sleep Number will incur the cost of shipping up to
two years after the original purchase date; after two years, the return shipping to
Sleep Number will be at the customer's expense.
- Please telephone our Customer Service department at the number on the back
cover to locate the nearest authorized service center and arrange for the return of
the warranted product or component.
What will void this warranty:
- Tampering with any component or opening the Firmness Control™ system and its
- Misuse or abuse of the warranted product or component.
- Sale, transfer or other disposal of the warranted product or component.
- Your exclusive remedy, IN LIEU OF ALL INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL
DAMAGES, INCLUDING FOR NEGLIGENCE, is limited to repair or replacement of any
product or component deemed to be defective under the terms and conditions stated
above. Sleep Number will bear no other damages or expenses.
- Customer maintains responsibility for installation of parts replaced under terms of the
- Sleep Number reserves the right to refuse to repair or replace any product or component
that is returned in an unsanitary condition.
- Warranty for exterior surfaces against stains and soil is limited to manufacturer's defect
only, within the first 30 days of delivery. No other warranty coverage against stains and
soils is included.
- This Limited Warranty applies only to the product as used in the United States and Canada.
It is not applicable in U.S. territories or other countries.
- This Limited Warranty is non-transferable.
- Repair or replacement of a product or component under the terms of this Limited
Warranty in no way lengthens the Limited Warranty period.
- ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES APPLICABLE TO THIS PRDUCT, INCLUDING ANY
WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE
LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE DURTION OF THIS WRITTEN LIMITED WARRANTY.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential
damages, or limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations may
not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other
rights, which vary from state to state.
All claims relating to the Limited Warranty of Sleep Number® products should be made
by contacting Customer Service at at the number on the back cover or writing to Sleep
Number Customer Service, 9800 59th Avenue North, Minneapolis, MN 55442.